Over its first two editions, this best-selling book has change into the de facto standard for training and reference material at all levels of CNC programming. Used in hundreds of educational institutions all over the world as the primary text for CNC courses, and used day by day by many in-field CNC programmers and machine operators, this book literally defines CNC programming. Written with careful attention to detail, there are no compromises. A number of the changes in this new Third Edition are the direct result of comments and suggestions received from many CNC professionals in the field. This extraordinarily comprehensive work continues to be packed with over one thousand illustrations, tables, formulas, tips, shortcuts, and practical examples.
The enclosed CD-ROM now contains an absolutely functional 15-day shareware version of CNC tool path editor/simulator, NCPlot™. This powerful, easy-to-learn software includes an amazing array of features, many not found in competitive products. NCPlot offers an unmatched combination of simplicity of use and richness of features. Strengthen for lots of advanced keep watch over options is standard, including a macro interpreter that simulates Fanuc and similar macro programs.
The CD-ROM also offers many training exercises based on individual chapters, in conjunction with solutions and detailed explanations. Special programming and machining examples are provided as well, in form of complete machine files, useful as actual programming resources. Virtually all files use Adobe PDF format and are set to high resolution printing.
- Fully functional shareware version of CNC toolpath simulator/editor, NCPlot(TM), included on the CD-ROM. This powerful software includes an amazing array of features, including those not found in competitive products. Strengthen for lots of advanced features is standard, and the included macro interpreter can simulate Fanuc and compatible macro toolpath programs
- Detailed section on CNC lathes with live tooling, including examples
- Image files of many actual parts, used as examples
- More programming examples (both in printed text and on the CD-ROM)
- Optimized for the recent Fanuc and related keep watch over systems
- Additional formulas, calculations and handy reference material
- Fourth axis programming (indexing and rotary)
- CD-ROM based projects, including several as interactive PDF forms
- Improved index for better search of topics